Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Sunday, October 19

Food…….as always

I think I am as creative in the kitchen as I am in the studio. Sometimes I think about a recipe or particular food I want to cook for days. Even weeks. I do spend a lot of time thinking about how best to make something yummy for my family. I'm not afraid to try something new, I often think that if I wasn't teaching art in the studio for my career I should have been in the kitchen.

But then again, I often just make it up at the last minute because I didn't take the time to plan out dinner and we should be eating soon because our man-boy is starving. For those times I cross my fingers and hope for the best. 

I recently made this amazing raw beet salad. No recipe -- just things that had been bouncing around in my head (much like how a piece of art comes together for me)  fusing themselves together until I was ready to make them for supper.



For this recipe I used a mandolin to matchstick cut: 3 freshly picked and Scrubbed Beets, 1 Macintosh apple and 1/2 of a vidalia onion. I also minced 1 tablespoon of ginger. Then I combined the fresh fruit/veggies  with: 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon coconut sugar and let them sit on the counter for an hour or so while I cooked the rest of the dinner. You could also add carrot, red cabbage, cucumber or even daikon.

My husband STRONGLY dislikes beets and was a little put-off that I would even serve it to him for dinner. ha ha. He went back for seconds and couldn't stop saying how good it was.

Now, if only I could get my BiBimBap to look this good!


Have a great day, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.