Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, July 7

Evolution of a Drawing

Today I thought I'd share a quick post on how my drawings come to me with a quick page I created over the 4th of July weekend. They always start out with a sketch, done in pencil. 


Then I ink in the pencil lines and sometimes erase any that show, and sometimes I don't. Depends on how close my eraser is. I'm loving my new Lamy fountain pen. I usually start adding color by painting in the background.


On this page I am using TomBow Dual tip brush markers, but I switch it up a lot. I feel like I need some refresher classes on color lately. 


I continue until it's done -- though this photo doesn't show it complete. And then I do it again. And again and again.

Thanks for dropping by, have a great week!

1 comment:

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.