Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, March 26

it's not the journey

Sharing the process for another journal page with you. First, I start out with a pencil sketch. And actually, this one was inspired by a picture in Good Housekeeping magazine that I spied on Sunday. 
 
I came home and uploaded it from my phone to my 'puter and proceeded to sketch it. 
 
It was the sketching part that made me think of my journey, how I'm inspired and how I turn that inspiration into reality.
Which then inspired my brain to work with words to come up with this quote. I then get my permanent ink pen out and commit the pencil lines and then start laying in the color. I mentioned yesterday that I am in love with Tim Holtz Distress Paints -- and that is what I used -- exclusively for this page today. 
 
When the color part is done I get my dip pen and calligraphy ink out and ink in the text.
 And then I photograph it to share it here or on Instagram and start on the next page.
Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a GREAT day.

3 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! I love how you were able to take something you saw in a magazine and make it yours. Those colors are so yummy. Thanks for sharing. Now I'm off to another adventure in crafting today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great inspiration. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.