Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Thursday, August 30

September Classes at My Creative Classroom

School is almost back in session here in Maine -- and I can smell Fall in the air -- it was 62 when I got up this morning. Love those cool mornings! With school starting for my sweet boy means I have the house to myself each day to create and work on my classes and projects -- and figure out where I want to go with my new-found freedom and quiet house.

Not sure where this crazy business is going to take me, but I'm looking forward to wherever I end up.

Rather than inundate you with all the classes I have starting this semester (a whopping 14 courses), I thought I would take it one month at a time. So, without further adieu, here are the three classes I have starting in September at My Creative Classroom

Spellbinders 101: (click the link to enroll) Class Starts September 7, 2012

This course will start with Die-Cutting with Spellbinders 101; a tutorial on Spellbinders™ Dies. This lesson will include basic information on several different types of die cutting machines that you can use your Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® with. We will also discuss the different types of dies offered by the Spellbinders™ Company and dies by other companies that are similar to Spellbinders™.
We will end this lesson with a separate tutorial that combines different dies to create mats and incorporate them into a couple of basic cards.
Future lessons will instruct in embossing techniques and utilize those techniques on paper, fabric and metal.
Students will also learn the ins and outs of using a magnetic mat with Spellbinders™ dies and other basic techniques.
Each week the lesson will demonstrate a new technique and follow up with a unique project that utilizes the technique learned.

Mixed Media Workshop 1: (click the link to enroll) Class Starts September 14, 2012
Are you bored with your art supplies, want to stretch your creativity or just want to try new intermediate Mixed Media techniques?? Then Mixed Media Workshop with Catherine Scanlon is the course for you.
In this 4 week workshop at My Creative Classroom we will go beyond the basics of Mixed Media and explore working with beeswax, create beautiful layered backgrounds using vintage ephemera, touch on the basics of Gel Medium transfers and so MUCH more. Students will complete 4 creative projects during the length of this course, one of which will be an assemblage piece.
Each week Catherine will provide a detailed presentation and handout with high quality photographs, instructing you how to create the project demonstrating the Mixed Media Techniques for the week.
Spellbinders Card Workshop 1: (click the link to enroll) Class Starts September 21, 2012

 
This class is designed for the card maker...whether you are a total beginner or a seasoned pro. In this 4 week course the focus will be on making all types of cards. Each week Catherine will provide a detailed presentation and hand-out with high quality photographs, instructing you how to create the card for the week. Oh, but you won’t stop there – not with just one card.
The lesson each week will provide detailed instructions showing you how to make 3 cards – a total of 12 gorgeous cards during the length of the class – all using the same dies and papers each week. Each lesson we will start with an easy card, then move to intermediate and finish up each lesson with an advanced, over-the-top card. 
We will cover many techniques during this course, including: letterpress technique, creating windows and frames, creating dimensional flowers, partial cuts and more! Each lesson will provide custom designed downloadable graphics and sentiments for you to download, so you can create the same cards designed for the course. 
For the beginner to intermediate crafter, this course is perfect to help you create the most beautiful cards using your Spellbinders dies and Impressabilities while learning new techniques and tricks to get the most from your supplies.  

Thanks for stopping by -- have a great afternoon! 

1 comment:

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.