Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Wednesday, June 27

Peonies in a Vase

I really dislike being so busy with this that and the other thing that I have no time to make art -- or I have to schedule my art making time for late at night -- which is what happened last night. It's important to me, and so worth losing a bit of sleep over that I will MAKE the time even if it is late at night.


 You remember the pretty vase of peonies I shared a few weeks ago?

I decided, at 9:48 last night that I was going to paint them in my art journal.  and paint I did.
I did spend a little time this morning spiffing it up some more -- and while I'm not confident that I like it.....yet....I am happy that I painted. and made art. that is the perfect way to end any day - and I would give up any amount of sleep to do that.

You will chuckle to know that while I was waiting for a spot of paint to dry I fell asleep on the couch and when I woke up it was 1:45am. By the time I got everything closed down, buttoned up and in bed it was after 2. I am exhausted today. But filled to the brim with art. And relaxed and ready to plant my birthday tree. 

What are you willing to sacrifice in order to have time to do something that means a lot to you? Give up sleep or computer time? How about cleaning time, yes I will gladly give that up any day of the week. As much as we have to do; things that we don't enjoy at all --go to work, vacuum, grocery shop and errand run, dust, clean toilets, etc. -- it's also really important to fill moments of your day here and there with things that make you happy and complete you so the daily tasks don't seem so mundane. 

With that thought -- the dishes are done, breakfast has been made -- and art journaling supplies picked up from the coffee table -- now I'm off to do something else I really enjoy -- work in my garden tending to my lovely flowers and vegetables beds.

Hope you have a wonderful day. Thank you so much for stopping by -- see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.