Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, June 11

gardening chores….

As it turns out the only creative time I was able to find over the weekend was the time I spent in my garden, but that makes me happy and relaxed! We had some torrential downpours on Friday night - thunder lightning, and windy too. The heavy rain wasn't too healthy for my peony plants and many of the heavy flowers were bent over from the rain and wind. Rather than leave them, I decided to put my new-to-me pitcher to use and create a beautiful bouquet to use as inspiration for a piece of mixed media art. I already have an idea in mind, and it's going to be gorgeous, if I can pull it off.
I also had some fun stacking rocks at the corner of a new perennial bed I'm working on. The largest one on the bottom was REALLY heavy -- I would say at a minimum of 50 pounds. It took me several attempts to roll it on top of the one I have underneath it. It looks really cool -- however for safety purposes I took most of them off and now the stack is just 4 rocks. I worried that my husband would hit the corner with the mower and they would topple down and cause an accident.
Sweet boy pointed this pretty moth out, hanging out on the side of the house. Love the fuchsia, anyone know what kind of moth this is? It's very vibrant!
That's all of my weekend that was worth sharing. A family party, driving in the torrential rains and dealing with the money pit of a pool weren't nearly as exciting as getting creative outside! Well, dinner on Friday night was definitely exciting, delicious and worth mentioning. Our sweet friend Nim is an amazing Thai chef and treated us to a delicious meal complete with my favorite -- Tom Kha!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by -- today I'm enrolling in an illustration course at Maine College of Art, booking my trip to CHA and getting lots of busy work that I have been putting off for a while now. and a few creative things that maybe I can share tomorrow! Have a wonderful Monday -- hope the sun is shining where you are, at least in your mind if it's not shining outside!

2 comments:

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.