Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, May 1

PSA #7: From the Journal to the Art

Just a little Public Service Announcement to remind you -- if you haven't signed up for "From the Journal to the Art (Journal 2 Art)" it's starting in a few days. I have spent the last month making samples to share and talk about the process with my students, and I'm really excited to get started with this new class, I think you'll definitely want to come along and share the journey with me!

 I will share the process I use to make art in my journal -- how to get started. How you can use your journal NOT only as a creative place to pour your heart out -- but as a place to try a new style -- new technique -- new supply -- and then turn it into art. I will help you transform those little tiny gems you create on scrap paper -- into larger sketches and bases for art. I'll also share other techniques -- how to transform a photo you've taken -- into a piece of art to paint and then hang. You will be amazed at the journey your art will take!
 We will also explore many of the cool and fun supplies on the market today. In each of the 5 Weeks of Journal 2 Art you will find custom video's, tool hand-outs, a Flickr Gallery to share your art, and something new -- something that I'm test driving JUST for this course -- to see how it works out. To see how you like it!
Each week there will be an exercise that will help you grow as an artist, and the something new: one-on-one guidance to answer any questions you may have. This can be done via Skype, Face-Time or a chat in the chat room -- 20 to 30 minutes of one-on-one time -- where you can show me your art and ask questions about how to get from HERE to THERE, how to use a particular supply or whatever you many want to chat about! I think you're gonna love that part!
The best thing though, I will show you how to turn your art in your journal into art on a canvas. 

So, I hope to see you in this new, and fun class that starts this FRIDAY! Thanks for stopping by -- hope you have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. And yes from me too - yes I've had a wonderful day and yes I'll see you on Friday. Actually I am really impatient to start this class! Just three sleeps ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you help me decide which class to sign up for? I cannot afford to take both or I would, but you are offering them both at MCC. I am interested in your "From the Journa to the Art" class and also "Get Creative with Punches". Would you recommend one over the other? What about trying to catch up? I have to decide as registration is closing, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Maureen
    scrapgirl1467 (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.