Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Wednesday, May 23

Go Big or GO Home!

My husband was away over the weekend giving me plenty of time to brainstorm a new piece of art I wanted to work on. You may remember my post from the other day for Nat and Julie's Second Floor Challenge about circles. Well, I couldn't stop thinking about how awesome it would look if I went BIG with it.

While rummaging around looking for something completely different I found this 20" x 20" Birch Panel and instantly knew that would be perfect for my weekend date.
Date with art that is!
I made a quick trip to the art store for a few new brushes and some varnish, oh-- and Thai food with a sweet friend along the way before getting started! 


I spent Saturday night and a lot of Sunday working on this baby -- on and off in between gardening, cleaning a little laundry and hanging with my boy -- mostly on though. 

I really love the way it came out, though this picture doesn't really do it justice, all you can see is the comparison between the Challenge piece from the other day and the new piece from the weekend!

The results, before I sanded and varnished it above, and a close-up after sanding below.

You can see the bit of distressing I did to take the perfect solid paint away.  I love it and can't wait to hang it in my friend's shop this weekend! Secretly I want to hang it in my bedroom, but we'll see how that works out.

That's it for today, hope you have a great day -- thanks for taking the time to stop by.

1 comment:

  1. I am so loving this birch panel...I'm thinking I may have to try one ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.