Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Friday, April 13

I have my Share of them...

Fears, that is.
I'm scared of big dogs with loud barks....I was attacked on my 10th birthday by an Alaskan husky/wolf mix -- it snapped, and growled and tried to tear at my neck and got my face instead. Thankfully the external scars aren't real visible -- but the internal scars are HUGE and immobilizing at times. Literally -- I freeze up like the TinMan.
I'm afraid of success, yeah -- go figure.
Probably why I have a million mountains and valleys in my art career.
 
I'm also afraid of getting Lyme Disease and loosing my body and mind to it, becoming grossly overweight, standing up for myself and lots of other big things that are too personal to share.

I said I had lots of fears, doesn't everyone?
Wanna know what I'm not afraid of??

Making mistakes in art. Flinging paint. Starting over. Covering up a mess and giving it a new beginning. Acknowledging that the colors, design -- or whatever -- just didn't work. Rather than abandon it -- I am trying to stick to finishing it. Yes, it sucked - but I stuck with it. What's the worse thing that could happen? It still looks like dog doo after I re-paint, re-decopauge, re do whatever it is that sucks. It's ok. There is a lesson in that mistake, as in life -- that you can learn from. See it. Catch it. Cover it up. Move on. Finish it and put it away. You just might like it later on. Or -- you just might re-do it again....later on.  

 I think it's a huge accomplishment to stick with and finish a piece of art that is going to the dark side.

With that, I will leave you with this challenge -- go find a piece of art you started and really didn't like and ended up abandoning-- and make it into a phoenix -- a beautiful piece of art -- rising from the ashes of your mistake.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...the "F" word...you said the "F" word...we all battle fear...it can cripple one! But how do your break through it?

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.