Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Saturday, January 15

Hope you had a GREAT weekend!

It was a long weekend here, no school today - and really cold too. I didn't get as much accomplished as I want, as is usually the way with long weekends!

One of the gifts I gave my Mom at Christmas was a package of cards and envelopes - blank. I told her when she needed a card to give me a card and some time and I'd make her a card. She loves hand made cards, and doesn't find the time to make them - plus she's too critical of her own work. But, that's a post for another day.

Last week she asked me to make a quick birthday card for my cousin, and with all the things I have going on these days it slipped my mind. Until last Thursday -- when I had a few extra moments.

Lacking inspiration, I randomly grapped supplies and started slapping things down. I had been given a cute Happy Birthday stamp set (Martha Stewart) when I went to the EK offices last fall, so I decided to use the sentiment and a couple other stamps from another company.

It was pretty easy. First I stamped the funky stitched circle with lines using brown ink. Then I stamped the sentiment in red.

To add the swirls, I used Versamark Ink, red and brown inks. I randomly stamped around the edge of the stamped circle using different colors. I wasn't in love with it, but when you're under the gun you take what you get. I used a Spellbinders die to cut the circle out and inked the edges with blue ink. I like the way that looks.

The mini doily was white, and really looked awful with the cream card and butterflies. I'm really matchy matchy about some colors - black and navy or brown and white and cream - some colors you should never mix. So to make it not white anymore, I sprayed it with tattered angels until it looked even more awful. Finally I decided not to mess with it any more and left it. alone. It still looks awful.

Anyhow, I added the doily - when it was dry - to my prepared card (made from scraps from my bin - love to use scraps) Then added the stamped circle on top and stitched around the card. The butterflies (punched using an EK Success Whale of a Punch) were inked and attached. I did add pearls for the bodies after I took these pictures.

Overall, not one of my better cards. But, my Mother liked it and that's all that matters - and I'm sure my cousin will like it too.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

4 comments:

  1. Great Idea! Love it! Warm greetings from Austria, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!
    I am such a fan!!!
    Lovin' that button wreath I saw on Spotted Canary. I need one for my studio!

    You are so my style girlfriend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purdy!! Love it! Sorry our phone conversation got cut short.. I need a longer drive so we can chat longer! lol Lets talk again sooooon!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.