Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, August 31

Exciting Announcement about My Creative Classroom

I'm happy to announce that I have two on-line classes that I'll be teaching this fall at My Creative Classroom. I'm really excited about this - and I've been working really hard the last couple of weeks to get all the paperwork and images for my classroom just right. There's been plenty of brainstorming sessions with my sketch pad to work out the details of each class.....have you smelt the smoke?? I've also had lots of fun searching for products for each class. I've made endless trips to the bead store in Freeport and JoAnn's but things, I'm happy to say... are finally coming together. If you've done any type of teaching you know that there is a lot that goes into it....and teaching on-line to me has been a real challenge on top of getting everything else for my classes together! I'm happy that I finally have figured out the way things work and can noodle my way around to get the job done.

Here are the descriptions and a few pictures from each class. Click on the link for additional class details or to sign up. Registration for all classes will begin on September 1st.

Magic of Mixed Media Jewelry: Class begins on October 7th

Create 3 to 4 pieces of jewelry utilizing different techniques in mixed media. We will use images that you treasure, and many unexpected but beautiful items found in your Grandma’s attic or even the beach to create interesting works of adornment. Add personal items and create pieces that you will treasure or give to that special someone this holiday season.

This class will be an exploration into the processes of making wearable art and the use of found objects in jewelry. It involves combining discarded and non-traditional materials with traditional crafting techniques to make something beautiful and meaningful.

Stitch up a Happy Holiday: Class begins on November 4th

Join me in this fun and festive Sewing on Paper class as we learn the basics of machine and hand stitching on paper and complete 4 fun decorative Holiday projects that can be tailored to meet any holiday. In this class we will incorporate new and old papers, glitter, lace, ribbon, vintage buttons and more to create a beautiful banner, stamped and collaged cards, one of a kind gift tags, and unique and one of a kind Christmas tree decorations.

I hope to see you in My Creative Classroom this fall! Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!!

5 comments:

  1. wow, what amazing classes! hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool Catherine!!!! Congrats on all the hard work & cool projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh.... cool cool cool! I'm so excited for you.The class sounds fab and the examples .... to die for!! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.