Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, March 10

Random Stuff

Ok, I got a couple of questions about my Compound W trick, so I'll give you some more information. I'd had the wart (interestingly enough - it WAS on my left hand) for a while maybe a year or two. It was in a spot that when I put my hand in my extremely tight jeans it got hung up on the pocket and that would cause it to rip. And bleed. Many times I just ripped it off, put a band-aid on and hope it would go away. AND it never did. I tried plain old Compound W, several bottles to be exact and NOTHING worked. So, in a desperate moment I took care of it on my own with the blade and the W. I'm not sure if I even thought to wash the blade first before I got started either, I was desperate I tell ya. My Mom wouldn't take me to the Dr. to have it removed because she thought it would just go away. The impatient person that I am just couldn't wait that long. So, there you have it, Compound W did end up working, but only when I got to the root of the matter..ha ha ha.

Onto other important things. I love great customer service. Mostly because I've been the on the end of the phone giving good service. I recognize good service - and I abhor bad service. Makes me want to jump through the phone line and say, listen buddy if it wasn't for people like me buying this product you wouldn't have a job, so smarten up. But maybe I'd say it on other words not so eloquent. ha.

I got some really good customer service today from Janice at Dahle (pronounced Dah-LEE) on my paper cutter. My husband bought me the Dahle 550 in 2004 (maybe 2005) for my birthday. An expensive purchase at 189.00 but so worth it. I've never changed the cutting head. EVER not one single new blade. It's a self sharpening unit. Cuts like buttah. I love my cutter. And it gets a lot of use. For the last two years in a row I have created pages for EK Success for AC Moore headers - and each page is reproduced 155 or more times. That's a lot of cutting even when Prism sends us the cardstock trimmed to size. All the journaling blocks, photos and mistakes have been cut on that trimmer...not to mention every other thing I have cut in the last 4 or 5 years. But, it needs a new blade. It still cuts nicely, but when I want to trim that 1/16" of an inch of something sometimes I get a ragged edge, and I can't have ragged edges for any of my work!

So I called Janice today because I hadn't gotten a response to my Web communication on their site. Janice, she's a doll. You should call her just to say hi! She was awesome - as much as my Dahle rocks so does she! So, thanks Janice - for making a come back with good customer service...people that give good CS are a dying breed!! I appreciate your help and, after all we are fellow New Englanders!

If you need a new heavy duty, high speed low drag cutter, get yourself a Dahle...you'll be happy you did.

Professional Rolling Trimmers resources
dahle professional trimmer
  • Cuts up to 20 sheets of paper at a time (550-554)
  • Self-sharpening blade cuts in either direction
  • Blade is made of ground steel and encased in a plastic housing for safety
  • Automatic paper clamp holds work securely
  • Adjustable backstop
  • Inch and metric measurements with metric sizing grid for precise cuts
  • Sturdy metal base will not warp or crack
  • Can be wall mounted
  • Optional paper roll holder available
  • Optional floor stands available (556 & 558 only)

5 comments:

  1. I have the same Dahle trimmer and I love it to pieces! I purchased a replacement blade when I bought the trimmer, but haven't used it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always had good luck with paper cutters from Dahle. I have used the rotary paper cutter you mentioned and it does a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My paper cutter is almost the same model. It's the Dahle 552. I got it from the Paper Cutter Store, and I love it!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got good customer service it is so hard to find! Love your trimmer, I use my trusty ol fiskars!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.