Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, February 12

I learned "the SECRET" at Absolutely Everything!

Kate Farricker, the owner of from Absolutely Everything was very fun and gracious for my trek to Topsfield to teach at her store. I arrived on Friday (and shopped before anything) and got the classroom set up and then did some more shopping and talking and brainstorming. I love hanging around Kate because I think our creative energy is feeding from the same part of the universe (Kate :-) and the ideas flow and flow and flow. It's great. So, when the store closed we went off to her lovely home and had a sleep over with another very fun lady, Elisabeth. We laughed and ate and laughed and then watched "The Secret" that Oprah talked about last week. Now that I know the secret, watch out Martha because I plan on being on your show teaching you how to Sew on Paper .... more on that another day when I have nothing elese to share with you....
Anywho, teaching in Topsfield on Saturday was wonderful! I had 18 ladies - bright eyed and bushy tailed - and ready to Sew on Paper first thing in the morning. I was a tad bit nervous (for about 30 seconds that is) and my spidey senses kicked in and I think I rocked the house. Well, this is what Kate had to say about the class:

We had tons of fun this past weekend. Catherine Scanlon's sewing on paper class was so much fun we have rescheduled her for Saturday, March 31, for a two class session in sewing on paper and chipboard. (I am so excited that I actually had a chance to sew on chipboard...it looked so foreign to me!) We are making an 8x8 chipboard album, covered with sewn elements, using the new black & red Basic Grey papers. The afternoon class will have instruction for making either artist trading cards or 8x8 scrapbook pages. We will learn to sew the 8x8 page protectors to hold ATCs or leave them plain for 8x8 pages--your choice. Details on price and time to follow. Please call the store if you are interested. Catherine did a super job teaching the class, and everyone went home with a gorgeous finished project.

So, I have permission from the fun girls in the class to post these pictures so you can get an Idea of how much fun we had:

The last picture is Kate, isn't she just adorable! Thanks Kate for a wonderful time! Can't wait for March 31st.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh I would so love to take this class with you! Looks like they had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.